6 Best Ways To Immigrate To The United States

Through marriage


6. Through marriage

If you have found yourself in love with a United States citizen — so much so, that you plan to join his or her hand in matrimony — you will be granted a green card. According to the U.S. Citizen and Immigration Services, there are several steps to take, including, showing a copy of your civil marriage certificate; a passport style photos of you and your spouse; and evidence of all legal name changes for you and/or your spouse.(3)

Keep in mind that a green card is not the same as U.S. citizenship. You will remain a citizen of your native country unless you apply for and pass a citizenship test. This goes for all looking to immigrate to another country.(4)

2 of 7